- syntax highlighting
- code templates
- code hints (for templates and ABAP keywords)
- quick info in the debugger while your cursor is over a code snippet
- clipboard extensions
- more options while Find/Replace dialog
- extended Pretty Print
- code print preview
- lots of keyboard shortcuts which you can change
See detailed features in the linked PDF documents in this wiki-page.
SE80 > Utilities > Settings > Tab: ABAP Editor > Tab: Editor > RadioButton: Front-End Editor (New)
To insert your own template just go into the options (small icon in the right corner on the bottom of the editor) > Code Templates > Button: Add...
- Insert a name for your template. This name is the keyword you have to type later in the editor. E.g.: concate
- Insert a description, this comes up as a small hint when typing the keyword. E.g.: CONCATENATE expression
- Click into the small code editor window for the template and insert (without quotes): "CONCATENATE INTO .". Save this template.
- If you just type "concate" in thee ABAP editor, the hint will appear and pressing CTRL+ENTER will insert your template into the source code.
Feel free to extend this section or improve the existing templates here !
Sometimes, when you follow the normal procedure, that is go to Utilities -> Settings -> Front-End Editor (New) to switch to the New ABAP Editor, it is likely to get a short dump giving the following message.
In this case, your user profile has issues or there is a trouble accessing a particular file on the application server to switch to the New ABAP Editor. In this case, it requires the intervention of your Basis consultant to fix the issue and add the necessary authorization to your user profile. See the attachment for a sample screenshot of the error occured while trying to switch to the New ABAP Editor.