Please be sure to check out our SCN wiki user guide.
How to Use this Wiki
- What is the Content and Structure of this Wiki?
- Are there restrictions to what content is allowed on the Wiki?
- Who is allowed to update this Wiki?
- How do I add a page to the Wiki Stage?
- Can I add pictures to the Wiki?
- Wiki formatting rules
- How do I create a typical FAQ page in this Wiki?
- What to do if content is not up to SDN/BPX standards?
- Edit pages and change notification emails?
- Can I get points for contributing to SDN wiki pages?
- What is a Child Page?
- Linking to a Wiki Page
- Linking to Service Market Place (SMP)
- Shortcut to SAP Notes
- Shortcut to SDN Weblogs
- Length of pages
- How can I convert my blog to a WIKI page?
- What are Labels?
Main criteria for choosing to put content in the WIKI is its volatility and dynamics, extendability and/or collaborative character. Ask yourself the question, if you want others to be able to change, extend, regroup, add, etc. your contribution. WIKI Content should also not express personal opinion (like in blogs).
WIKI content can be of many flavors, and could fall under the following categories:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Guidelines & Best Practices
- Modeling & Coding
- Modeling & Coding Templates
See as an example the section for the Visual Composer.
If you want to add a whole new WIKI area what we call topics (like available for ES Packages, VC, BI, XI,...) please contact us via email.
You can find the list of current topics by selecting the root of the breadcrumbs above: My Home
The community guidelines of SDN are guiding the Wiki content as well:
- We don't allow obscene, racist, homophobic, sexist, or sexually explicit language. We reserve the right to remove postings that defame or insult anyone, as well as posts that are abusive or hateful.
- We also reserve the right to remove content that is off the subject or not in English. (We may translate exceptional posts.) No solicitations or advertisements are allowed.
- You must have copyright ownership of all material that you post on the wiki. Please avoid plagiarism.
- You participate at your own risk. You take responsibility for your own postings and use the information provided on this site at your own risk.
- We reserve the right to remove any postings (although we have no duty to do so).
All registered and signed in users to SCN are welcomed to suggest their content by uploading it to the Wiki Stage.Our moderators will go over the content and if found suitable & valuable, it will be moved to the correct space. For more information about the Expert Wiki, please see this blog.
: Some spaces have individual permissions. The wiki main page is restricted to admins.
- Before you add a page, make sure that a page with this content or a very similar one doesn't already exist. Make a quick search with the search box on the right top corner. If you find such a page, please add your additional content as a comment, and the moderator will copy your content to the page itself if found suitable.
- If there is no page available with that content, go to the Wiki Stage and create a child page to the Submitted Content page. Please make sure to include the desired space's name in your page's title (the moderator will erase it once uploaded).
This Wiki has a hierarchical structure of page locations to facilitate navigation between pages. Each page is created in a specific place of this hierarchical tree. The tree structure is defined by corresponding topics, subtopic, etc. Please note that all pages under the same root global entry (like Wiki) share the same namespace and should have a unique name within this scope.
When creating a page via "Add Page" link (upper right corner), it is possible to specify what location the page is intended for. By default, the current location is assigned. When creating a page via "Add Child Page" link (on the bottom of the page), the page will be created as a child of the current page. It's also possible to change the location of the child (click EDIT next to Location while editing).
If you want to upload a image, you can do it by going to the Attachments tab and then selecting the image from your file system. Once it has been attached to the page, you can enter in the wikimarkup ! nameofimage . ending of image ! (without the spaces) to display the picture, or upload it using the Insert/Edit Image tool in the Rich Text.
Unfortunately we need to restrict attachments only to pictures in gif, jpg and png formats. To avoid any security risk we have disabled the functionality of attaching other formats.
- We have updated the Style Sheet and you can use headers H1-H6 in the body of your page. Please use H1 sparingly.
- If you are creating a page and don't have time to finish it, it is called a "Stub." Please indicate this by tagging it with the word Stub. That way if someone is searching for an unfinished page to work on, he/she just selects the stubs tag to see all unfinished pages. Once the page is OK, take out the stub.
- Unfortunately the link from tag to pages doesn't work currently on this Wiki. We know about this and are working on a solution.
See full notation guide for more details on this Wiki text formatting.
You are strongly encouraged to use an FAQ template from the templates page which can be found by clicking on the "Additional Features" link in the right upper corner of the page.
Please note that question text in the FAQ must be exactly the same as an answer header text (hN. element) to enable proper navigation within a page from a question to its answer.
- Try to improve it! A wiki is a community effort.
- If you're uncertain or your attempts are not leading to anything, post something on the Wiki Review and Praise Page. Wiki moderators will look into it.
Please be careful when you edit wiki pages. We are a great community and everybody can set a watch on a page to get a notification email if somebody else has edited the page. Imagine what happens if you edit a page which 100,000 users have set a watch on, and save it twice a minute! Please be kind to other community members and don't increase their mail load. If you clicked on the "edit" by mistake or don't want your changes to be saved, please click "cancel".
The wiki has some functions that help you:
- Preview a page in the editor before saving it
- Autosave: Your draft content is saved every 30 seconds automatically
- If your change is only a minor correction please check the box "Minor change? (no notifications will be sent)"
Please proceed as following for editing a wiki page:
- Use Preview function often to see how your edited page will look like
- If you think it's a minor change or if you think there shouldn't be a change notification mail sent out, activate the minor change option before saving the page
Yes, points are awarded for different content. Please see Moshe Naveh's blog on wiki point allocation. Wiki Point Allocation Blog
All pages in this Wiki are organized in a hierarchical way. Hence, every page has a parent page and might have children pages. Hierarchical relation has its own benefits: in the hierarchical tree view you can see how pages are linked with each other. That allows faster navigation within related topics and better ordering of the content.
You can create a child page from a wiki link on a parent page like this [Child Page Title Here], or by clicking on a button (icon) "Add Child Page" at the bottom of any page. So, the child page can be or can be not linked from the parent page. In either case it will be listed in the children pages and visible in the pages tree view.
: All pages under Wiki root page share the same namespace so they should have unique names even if they are in the different locations of the parent/child tree.
In order to link to a wiki page always go to the INFO tab of that wiki page and save the "Tiny URL" (which is the permalink) of the page and use it to link. That way if a name is changed - the link will not be broken.
Not all SDNer and BPXer have access to the Service Marketplace (some call it OSS, but the term OSS is copyrighted or trademarked, so we can't use it here.)
Whenever you are linking to content in the Service Marketplace please add these words with brakets: (SMP login required) at the end of the link. Also, when copying and pasting the link from your browser, remember to replace the server-specific information with the the prefix service.sap.com.
There is an easy way to create links to SAP Notes thanks to Brian McKellar. Instead of the URL you put <note number>@SapNote
The notation is as follows:
[Text |<note number>@SapNote]
Priorities of problem messages(SMP login required)
There is an easy way to create links to SDN Blogs thanks to Brian McKellar. Instead of the URL you put <blog number>@SdnWebLog
The notation is as follows:
[Text |<blog number>@SdnWebLog]
BSP In-Depth: Fully Qualified Domain Names
If a WIKI page starts getting too long (>100 lines), an additional vertical scrollbar might appear. This is a clear indicator that you should split your WIKI page into multiple smaller pages. This will not only simplify the use for end users, but also for page editors.
Ignacio Hernández wrote a nice blog of how you can convert your blog to WIKI.
Labels, or tags, are an efficient way to sort and organize information. Labels allow you to categorize pages according to their main topic/s, and then retrieve relevant information based on those keywords. There is no label limitation so you can add keywords according to your discretion. In order to see the all the existing labels, go to Additional Features > Labels --> All Labels.
For the complete list of Wiki's macro- Click here!
ABAP Code to create ALV report with Cell coloring Feature
ABAP Report Program Sending BAPI fetched data to PI
Abap report program with comments, It has features like hot spot, color feature, selection feature with events
Abbreviation Cheat Sheet (ACS)
ALV- Group Sample Code
BRF+ Sales Documents
Code for Table Filter java class in Web dynpro java
Configure J2EE Performance Monitoring
Connecting EJB Using External Jars
Convert Your Blog to Wiki
Creating dynamic context via java coding in Web dynpro java
Downloading Data from CRM to CDB
DYNAMIC PATTERN - Custom Create Pattern in ABAP Editor.
ESS - BAdI Additional Checks for Leave Encashment does not work
How to Migrate standalone ITS service to Integrated ITS
Integration solutions - A Comparative Analysis
Invoicing Plan in SAP
is the reuse library a repository of all reusable objects
Message Mapping Format Number
Message Mapping Replace String
Multiple Class allocation and free text characteristics in Taxonomy
Object service files to e-mail - ( Can be used for custom portal,workflow applications)
SAP NetWeaver Portal - Frequently Asked Questions
sap scripts faq
Simple ABAP Report program with proper comments for the ABAP beginners
This ABAP code explains all possible events in a ABAP report
Time Management Q&A
Tutorial ABAP different ways to define data objects in ABAP
Tutorial ABAP report program with features like validation, selection, hotspot, coloring
Tutorial ABAP report program with selections, validations, string search, hot spot , color features
Value Helps in WebDynpro Java- Best Practices
ViVa's Wiki - Can I be a BPx??
While uploading documentd into SAP, what about checking them for vituses
WIKI_Guidelines Guidelines and Best Practices
Wiki's available Macros
Wiki Guidelines Screen shots
Wiki Review and Praise Page