Investing in a new business solution can bring major benefits to a retailer. The success or failure of a new solution depends on how well it is implemented. ASAP Methodology for Implementation is a phased, deliverable oriented methodology that streamlines implementation projects, minimizes risk, and reduces total cost of implementation. ASAP takes a disciplined approach to project management, organizational change management, solution management, and other disciplines applied in the implementation of SAP solutions.
ASAP Business Add-ons extend the ASAP methodology with modular business implementation content and additional flavor methodology and accelerators solution or industry-specific content such as business process structure, transactions, solution documentation, links to IMG objects, BCsets, enhancements, reports, forms, SOA services, test cases, end user training material, relevant services and training offerings.
ASAP Business Add-ons for Retail with pre-packaged implementation expertise include:
- SAP POS (SAP Service Marketplace credentials required)
- SAP Merchandise and Assortment Planning (MAP) (SAP Service Marketplace credentials required)
- SAP Promotion Management for Retail (PMR) (SAP Service Marketplace credentials required)
All are based on the generic implementation roadmap for ASAP and is enriched with solution-specific tasks, including solution-specific accelerator assets assigned alongside the ASAP roadmap structure. This new methodology will help implementation teams respond faster to a customer's implementation, lower costs, limit risks, ensure high quality, and use repeatable methods.
To profit from the ASAP Business Add-ons, checkout the following details:
- SAP POS, SAP Merchandise and Assortment Planning (MAP), SAP Promotion Management for Retail (PMR) on Service Marketplace: Under the tabstrip "Trading Industries", you'll find overview and use case presentations, HTML versions of the ASAP methodology (on- and offline) and the possibility to provide feedback.
- How to get started with the new ASAP Methodology, the toolkit for BPM-based SAP implementations: This session will welcome you to the exciting and interesting real world BPM in an SAP environment where you will explore why we need a new implementation approach which is facilitated by the new ASAP Methodology for Implementation 7.0. You will view the new ASAP Methodology including implementation technology from a BPM, SOA and Value perspective. You will also learn about the ASAP Business Add-ons - the business process implementation content. The session will finally show you the new driving license to work in the "Real world BPM in an SAP Environment".
- General ASAP page on BPX: Here you will find more information about the ASAP Methodology and the ASAP Business Add-ons as well as links to Blogs and Webinars.
- Forum ASAP Methodology and Project Management: Exchange your experiences, thoughts and questions with your peers.