Configuration consists of two steps: First the system needs to be enabled for message authentication and then the provider configuration with SAML authentication can be created.
SAML authentication requires a userswitch from a user DELAY_L_(SID) (7.0X) or DELAY_LOGON (7.1X) to a user identified by the SAML assertion. This user is created by report WSS_SETUP
- The system must allow creating users. When the system is part of an Central User Administration (CUA), creation of users must be allowed on the system.
- Your user must have sufficient permissions to create a user
To prepare the system, execute the following steps:
Fig: Executing Report WSS_SETUP
A configuration with SAML authentication is required for this scenario. Execute the following steps to create a configuration:
- Open transaction SOAMANAGER
- A new browser window starts. In this window, select BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION | WEB-SERVICE-ADMINISTRATION
- Select web service Zinventorysrv
- Create a new service and select HTTPS as transport guarantee type and SAML as authentication method