• Web Dynpro for ABAP is SAP's new standard UI technology for developing user interfaces in the ABAP environment.
• It combines the well-known features of a ABAP server environment, like the transportation and change management system, security environment, test and performance analysis tools, or remote debugging, with the rendering-independent UI programming model.
• In the long term, Web Dynpro for ABAP will be the successor of the traditional screen ("Dynpro") based user interface technology which is based on SAP GUI.
Architecture of Web Dynpro
• Web Dynpro is the SAP NetWeaver programming model for user interfaces (UIs).
• Every Web Dynpro application is structured according to the programming model:
ü The model forms the interface to the back end system and thus enables the Web Dynpro application access to data.
ü The view is responsible for the representation of the data in the browser.
The controller lies between the view and the model. The controller formats the model data to be displayed in the view, processes the user entries made by the user, and returns them to the model.
Reference for detailed M-V-C Architecture Overview: http://wendtstud1.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/sysmod-seminar/SS2005/elaborations/12-WebDynpro-Overview.pdf